Saturday, May 14, 2016

Sharing

Yesterday I took my show on the road, to the Wisconsin Museum of Quilts & Fiber Arts.  These lovely ladies went with me, to help with my lecture about the Scandalous History of the Sewing Machine.
I took my prettiest and most unusual handcranks.  Naturally that included the German machines with mother of pearl inlays ...
and of course my Willcox and Gibbs.  I had a wonderful time, visiting with the participants and sharing my love for the old machines.
I also got to use this beautiful Singer treadle owned by the museum.  It's a model 27, with the pheasant decals, in an amazing cabinet.  She dates to 1902-1903, and sews like a dream.

Speaking of sewing, I have managed to get some done this week.  I'm still working on baby quilts, using the fabric from the baby shower.
Here's another one finished!  This one has adorable Jungle Babies print.  It was tough to find the right colors to go with it, until I tried brown.  This one seems to work.
I had a nice big piece of blue with white polka dots, so that went on the back.  The binding is the same fabric as the brown squares.
It was all ready to go to a charity when my daughter (who loves this fabric) asked if she could have it for her baby.  How could I say no?  I'm happy to make as many as she would like.

 I have 4 more tops to quilt that can go to the charities (see the photo above), and there is still LOTS more fabric.

So I guess I'd better get to work!

Have a lovely week.










2 comments:

  1. I would love to see your sewing machine presentation. Sounds and looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! I LOVE your sewing machines! I just found your blog, reading first page, and already you're on my favorite list. I sew on my treadle Singer 66, red eye, and am looking for the Lotus. I also use my 301's and 221 for piecing. I've longed after the older models, hand cranks, and German models ans know I can't have enough sewing machines! I look forward to read your blog....backwards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Post a comment--I want to know what you think!