Saturday, February 18, 2017

Purple and Green Rail Fence

I am not sure why I am so obsessed with purple lately.  I don't think it's got anything to do with the poem about being an old lady and wearing purple.  Although I AM an old lady, I came of age in the 1970s, and I've worn purple off and on for many years.
Maybe it's because there are so many cute purple prints now.  These are in my latest actual finish, a purple and green baby quilt to give away.
Here's a corner turned over, so you can see the heart print on the back.
Some of the scraps in this quilt were given away at our January quilt guild meeting.  I got the cute Halloween print there, with all the kids in costumes on a purple background.  I also got one of the green bug prints there.
With my cold fading into the rear view mirror, I finally got the gumption needed to do a little quilting.  This one is ready for its new home.
Now I've got to finish the next one, a chevron baby quilt also for donation.  I'll say it again, I love my Pfaff Select with the built-in walking foot.

It was a wonderful day today.  All four of my grandchildren were here, with most of their parents.  The weather was beautiful, and we were outside quite a while.  My granddaughter fell in the mud and got her pants dirty, so my daughter made her a skirt from fabric in my stash.  I wish I had taken a picture, but here is a recent one of the adorable Miss E.
I am the luckiest person in the world.
Wishing you good luck and simple joys.
Cheers,
Sylvia
I'm linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts (at the very last minute!) and Myra at Busy Hands Quilts this week.  I can't wait to check out what everybody else is doing.







7 comments:

  1. Purple is one of my favorite colors, so I approve! The backing really complements the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love LOVE the backing fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and she would have to stand on the cart path to take that swing, she would be entitled to free relief from the cart path. The Rules allow relief for swinging in an abnormal direction when that direction is reasonable under the circumstances.house fence

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Post a comment--I want to know what you think!