Friday, June 16, 2017
Red Clover Do Over
HERE to go to the original article and the pattern. I called my version Red Clover.
Sadly, that didn't go so well.
It's my own fault. The blocks were drafted to be 12 in. finished. I didn't MEASURE them, I just ASSUMED they were right. And we all know what happens when you assume. Somehow I was about .25 of an inch off, probably from slightly too-large seam allowances.
I was trying to hurry through the process. When the long strips of sashings didn't fit, I just kept going, even when I got tucks. Tucks!!
Sanity finally returned, and I saw what I had done. Kind of like Dr. Jekyll waking up from being Mr. Hyde. The whole thing was depressing, so I just folded it all up and stored it in the closet.
So it's done! Now on to the quilting.
In other news, the garden is loving the hot weather and the thunderstorms we've been having lately.
Have a wonderful week, doing the things you love.
I'm linking up as usual with Crazy Mom Quilts and Busy Hands Quilts. Check out all the great blogs!