Sunday, May 20, 2018

Dinosaurs Times Two

Roar, roar, dinosaurs!  These two dinosaur quilts will be on their way tomorrow morning to Little Lambs Foundation.  I'm getting the box and the label ready today so it will be quick to do in the morning.
Dinosaur child-sized quilt #1:
Here's a close-up.  Check out the snazzy green binding.  And of course the spaceships.  Hey, creative anachronism.  I originally made this quilt for a different charity, but had trouble contacting them, so it goes with its "sister" quilt to Little Lambs.
The back is a great dino print:
Now for dinosaur quilt #2:
Tilted dinosaur squares.  Blue binding this time.
I had just enough of the light dino print for the back of both little quilts.

Here's hoping these quilts will be fun as well as comforting for kids in a tough situation.  My heart breaks for kids going into foster care, not knowing if things will ever be normal again.  The Little Lambs foundation is doing good work and I am honored to contribute in even a small way.

Thanks so much to Sarah for starting Hands2Help, and keeping it going year after year.
To see all the quilts made this year, go to Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  People will be linking quilts all week.
Cheers,
Sylvia@Treadlestitches






8 comments:

  1. They are both adorable, Sylvia! I really like the wide green binding. How do you make that? Thanks for donating to Little Lambs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Louise! About the binding, I use a single thickness of binding, sew it on the back of the quilt, and then bring it around to the front and topstitch it down. If I cut it 2.5 in. wide it turns out as a wider binding.
    For more details, check out the tutorial here:
    http://treadlestitches.blogspot.com/2015/03/binding-quilts-completely-by-machine.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so adorable! I have a niece (grown up now) who LOVES dinosaurs - these would make her day! As I'm sure they'll make some younger kid's day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! My husband still loves dinosaurs, too!

      Delete
  4. What's not to love about dinosaurs?! These quilts are adorable and the backing finishes them off in style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoot! I love your dinosaurs. I did one of my quilts in dinosaurs. They are timeless for kids (and adults) to love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, BunkHouseQuilts (great name!). I agree, dinosaurs have great appeal for nearly everybody.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Post a comment--I want to know what you think!