But it WAS.
Here's the quilt top as a whole, spread on my queen sized bed:
My favorite fabric of all is the orange cat fabric, see below. Wow!
I don't think I would ever have chosen these fabrics to make a quilt. But strangely enough, they actually work together. Their amazing, crazy diversity makes the quilt better. (Hmm--is there a metaphor in here somewhere?)
To make this block, which is sometimes called split patch, I cut my 6 in. squares in half on the diagonal, and sewed them together, dark with light. I ended up with a 5 in. finished half square triangle. I laid them out following a picture of an Amish quilt in a book. There are 120 split patches in this almost-twin sized top, 10 across and 12 down. The borders are 5 in. finished. The top itself finishes at 60 in. x 70 in. BTW, this size would work for a Quilt of Honor. Wouldn't it be great in red, white, and blue?
This quilt will be finished and donated to a good cause. One more project moving on!
Speaking of which, since last week I've been working hard on clearing away some of the mess and finishing a couple of small quilts.
Some Random 4 Patch
This was one of the baby quilts on the table in the last post. I didn't use sashing with it this time.
Jelly Roll Bricks Quilt
You might notice I've got the same fabric on the back of both baby quilts. When I see something suitable on sale, I like to buy at least 3 yards of it. Three yards will back 2 baby quilts, with a couple of scraps left over.
My over-flowing projects pile in last week's blog was kind of embarrassing. I tidied it up a bit, and it helped that I was able to take a few things out. Here's what it looks like now.
I'll be away from the computer (and the sewing machine!) for the next week. But don't worry, I've got plenty of hand work to do.
May all your days be pieceful.