Sunday, March 26, 2017

Lurking in the Closet

I thought I had gone through all the quilts in my "waiting room" aka closet.  I had pulled out the easy ones, the baby quilts for charity and a couple of small quilts to keep, and got them done.  Alas, I found another one!  It was lurking in the closet.  (Did you think this title was about something else entirely???)
If you look to the far left of the photo, you can almost see it.
Here it is, one last baby quilt for charity from the stockpile.  The pattern comes from Jo Kramer of Jo's Country Junction, via the Moda Bake Shop.  Click HERE to go to the pattern.  Click HERE to go to Jo's daily blog.
I used the pattern as a starting point, but made my strips alternating red and blue.
Blurry picture alert!  This is a closeup of the fabric I used for the background.  It's these adorable little bears in boats and various nautical things.  The words say "first mate".
Here's the back, airplanes and stars instead of boats.
I hope this little quilt will be loved by a baby and his/her family soon.
I also hope this is actually the last one this time!  On to bigger quilts!

In other news, I made these little pincushions this week.  Those hsts are 1 in. finished (seriously).
The tiny half square triangles are made from "bonus triangles" created when making these blocks.  (More on the blocks next week.)  Normally, I'm not a bonus triangles kind of girl, but these were stacking up next to the machine while I worked, and one thing led to another.
Here's today's little stack.  They look big because they're in the foreground, but really, they are only 1.5 in. unfinished after they're sewn, pressed, and trimmed.
I'm not sure what I'll do with the rest of them.  Maybe more pincushions?  Or a doll quilt for poor old Dave?  (click HERE for Dave's story)

Here it is Sunday night, and I'm just now getting the blog post done.  I'm slow, but I get there in the end.  The main thing is to enjoy life along the way.

I hope you have lots to enjoy this week.
Cheers,
Sylvia
P.S.  I'm linking up with Myra at Busy Hands Quilts.  Come join in the fun!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Post a comment--I want to know what you think!