Sunday, July 7, 2019

One Monthly Goal for July

It has been tough to decide what goal to set for myself for July.  There are so many options.  That's because I have so many UFOs.
Or, I could start a completely new project.  I really LOVE starting a completely new project.

Somehow, I came to my senses.  I didn't "wake up and smell the coffee" like Dear Abby or Ann Landers or somebody used to say back in the day (I don't drink coffee), but it was kind of like that.  Maybe something in what's left of my brain decided I need to Get Real.

Here's the project that leaped to the front of the line.
I need to finish this rail fence quilt top, which I started back before Christmas.  The rectangles were cut by the charity committee at my guild, and I've been doing the piecing.  I got as far as making all the blocks, and was putting them into rows.  Most of the rows are together, but it took me a long time to put the rows back in order for this photo.
I've been using these pins to keep track of the rows.  You probably can't see from this photo, but the pins have alphabet letters on them. 
The problem is, I've been shunting these rows aside while cutting and sewing and pressing other things, and the pins were falling out.
I think I've got everything back in order, but the only way to keep it that way is to just sew it together.

So this is my goal:  Finish this quilt top by the end of July.  That means sewing the rest of the blocks into rows, the rows together, and adding a border if I think it needs one.

This didn't seem like much of a goal to me at first.  Then I started thinking about all the stuff I have to do in July.  My oldest grandson is in at least two plays, which means transportation to and from rehearsals.  We're taking a vacation for a whole week.  And then there's the regular errands and chores, and taking time out to go to the park with Little Buddy.  Plus, it's already July 7th!  A modest goal is probably the way to go.

The OMG is such a great motivator.  So far, I've met all six goals I've set this year, which is just amazing for me.
Maybe this will make seven!

Good luck to all of us, and smooth stitching.
Cheers,
Sylvia@Treadlestitches

Linking up with Elm Street Quilts
for the July OMG







2 comments:

  1. This is a great goal! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patty! I'm looking forward to having this one out of the sewing room!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Post a comment--I want to know what you think!