Monday, December 16, 2013

Celtic Solstice Mystery Part 3

It's time for Part 3 of Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt, the Celtic Solstice Mystery.  Here's the link if you'd like to get all the parts:
Celtic Solstice Mystery
Here we go again!  This time, orange and yellow triangles to make pinwheels and triangle squares.
Mine are posing with my Singer Model 12 dated 1876.  She still works, but I sewed these on the Domestic/White.  I've been neglecting the model 12 for a couple of years, and I'm still getting her back to sewing smoothly.  Oil and practice, that's what works.


 This was one of the easier steps.  The hardest part was counting all those little squares!  I finally started putting pins in each group of 10 (duh!).  The tray was a handy place to put them while in progress.

Here are all 3 steps, posing with the Model 12 (her name is Lorena, by the way).  The hat box behind them holds my string scraps.  When you can't get the lid on anymore, it might be time to make a string quilt.

Wonder what we'll be doing next?  I might have to get a bigger basket!

Piece and love to all.

Now, back to see all the great link ups!
Part 3 Monday Link Up



3 comments:

  1. Lorena is so beautiful. Let's put her to work. And Yes, you need a bigger basket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, time to do a string quilt. Get Lorena working on it. Love your colours, I think I even have one of those oranges

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Post a comment--I want to know what you think!