Saturday, September 3, 2016

Little By Little

I have a little finish this week.  It's another baby quilt to donate, made from some of the fabric we used for tablecloths at the baby shower we had for my newest grandson.
Here's a closeup of the fabric--cute hexagons with zoo animals scattered through it.  The quilt is super simple, just 6 in. squares and two borders.  I quilted in the ditch, plus an X through each square, and bound it.
It's nice to have it out of the closet, ready to go to a new home.

My other projects have been moving along slowly.  But at least they're moving.
Here's the progress I'm making on the Pyramids quilt.  I've got the second section quilted now, and I'm joining them on the back by hand.
This fabric on the back is kind of wild.  I didn't even think about trying to match up the print before, but it might have been a good idea.  Too late now.
Once I've got that seam done on the back, I'll quilt these rows in the middle.  Then I'll need to quilt the last section, and add it on.  When that's done, I'll be ready to quilt the borders.
Meanwhile, I'm still making rail fence blocks.  I've got the scrap rectangles laid out so I can see all the prints.  I'm trying not to be too "matchy-matchy" with them, but it's hard.  I want every block to be pretty.
As I finish them, I'm pinning them together in sets of ten so I can keep track of how many I have.
There are 100 blocks done so far!  Less than 50 to go.  I'll probably finish these today. 

I definitely cut too many pieces!  What on earth am I going to do with all these vintage rectangles?

Hmm.  I might have to start another quilt.

Wishing you more quilts this week, and always.

I'm linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts and Busy Hands Quilts this week.  I can't wait to sit down with a glass of iced tea and read all the other posts.






 


4 comments:

  1. I love the backing on your Pyramids quilt - its a nice touch of the unexpected! You could always make pillows with the extra triangles or a nice table runner for the dresser and nightstands.... Deb (mdenders@msn.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb! It's a fun print for sure. I'm kind of sorry I've just about used it up.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Post a comment--I want to know what you think!