Saturday, June 16, 2018

The Scrappy Life

I will say it again--I love scraps!  Look at the loot I scavenged at the annual rummage sale at the Wisconsin Museum of Quilts & Fiber Arts.  Yards and yards of fabric for borders and backing, and piles of scraps.  There is also a wool quilt batt, not pictured.  I am absolutely gleeful.  I brought it all home from the sale, and my little grandson and I played with it for about an hour.
He has good reasons to love scraps.  Scraps turn into quilts!  This is the newest one, celebrating his love for trains.  (Sorry for the dark photo.  It was a rainy day.)
We've got lots of wonderful sunlight today.  The quilt is made of 12 large 4 patch blocks.  Easy peasy.
Do you hear the song in your head?  (They're two, they're four, they're six, they're eight...)  The Thomas the Tank Engine theme song gets in my head and won't get out!  We watch "the Choo-choo show" just about every day.  The Thomas themed squares came from the last sale I went to, at the It's A Stitch Quilt Show.  There wasn't any more fabric, just the 5 in. squares.
I found the border fabric at the local chain store, and substituted it in two blocks.  Not great, but my little buddy doesn't mind.
Here's the back, with the last of the dots fabric and a big strip of the Thomas fabric.  Only scraps are left.
In other news, aqua!  My second Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilt is Fly Away Home, and I got these blocks done.  I had more turquoise/aqua/blue-green than I thought.
I'm looking forward to setting this quilt together.  I can't seem to stop making blocks, it's like eating candy.  Also, there is a big placement error in the photo above.  I'm glad they aren't sewn together just yet!
Here's my little guy, playing with his choo-choo on his new quilt.  He's moving so fast, it's hard to take a good photo.
He keeps me hopping, too!
What keeps you hopping?  Hope it's quilting!
Wishing you a wonderful week.
Cheers,
Sylvia@Treadlestitches
Linking up with Soscrappy, Busy Hands Quilts, and Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Join the party!








4 comments:

  1. LOVE your little guys Choo-Choo Quilt (and those Fly Away Home blocks, too!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joyful! It looks like you had a good aqua week, too!

      Delete
  2. Super cute train quilt! I'll bet your little guy just adores it. And that Fly Away Home pattern is really great. Looks like it would really eat up the scraps. Love your bright, cheerful version!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Louise! I loved seeing your latest quilts and reading about how tough it was to wash them. I was kind of late reading your post so didn't comment on it. It is absolutely amazing what you get done on board ship!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Post a comment--I want to know what you think!