Friday, August 24, 2018

Snakes In A Tree

The Snakes in the Grass quilt is finished, and has been renamed Snakes in a Tree.  Don't worry, people-like-me-who-are-freaked-out-by-snakes!  It's not real snakes, just snakes printed on fabric and made into a child's quilt.
Here's a photo from July, when I pieced it:
The pattern is HERE, a great tutorial for a fun, easy scrap quilt.  Only 5 seams in each block, no kidding!  A big thank you to Cyndy from Quilting is More Fun Than Housework.

Mrs. Pfaff and I got the quilting and binding done this week.  It's ready to go to a child who needs it.
My Little Buddy posed with it outside.  Unfortunately, he now thinks it's his, like all the other quilts in the house.  (He especially loves the little bit of Minions fabric pieced in one block.  I need to make a quilt with that fabric just for him.  Yep, it's going on the list.)
Little Buddy's really been noticing all the little figures in prints lately.  He loves to lay the quilts on the floor and "see".  He wants Grandma to come and see, too.
He would love these Fly Away Home blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  The color for August is orange, one of my favorites.
I've even got orange Minions!
Bugs, too!  I can't wait to start putting this top together.
I should have some more time soon, after I get the canning and freezing done for the year.  These green beans are cleaned, snapped, blanched, and headed for the freezer.  I use canning jars (the ones that are also good for freezing).  They are reusable, so no extra cost and no plastic to throw away.  Plus they don't slide around in the freezer like freezer bags do.
This is a picture from a fun day.  My husband and I went to the flea market in Elkhorn, Wisconsin a week ago Sunday.  This was my favorite booth.  No, I didn't buy anything, but a girl can look, can't she?  Lots of inspiration here for future quilts.
I'm wishing lots of inspiration for you this week, and every week!
Cheers for reading,
Sylvia@Treadlestitches
Linking up with  Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict,
Myra at Busy Hands Quilts












6 comments:

  1. Your little guy is just the right age for picking out all the fun things in novelty prints! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Crafty Ashley B! I'm having a good time (can you tell? )

      Delete
  3. what a fun time you had! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Post a comment--I want to know what you think!