Saturday, November 16, 2019

The Best Things Come In Small Packages

Guess what came in my mail this week!  Hint--it is not this cute little boy.
Beth, a generous blog reader, asked if she could send me some tractor fabric.  Of course, I said yes, please!
Isn't this cute?
As you may know from previous posts, my Little Buddy LOVES tractors.  His father's family has a farm, now run by some of his cousins, and they have several big green tractors, combines, etc.   I will definitely be making something for my little boy from this awesome fabric.  Thank you, Beth!
The same day the tractor fabric arrived, my friend Debby from Pennsylvania sent me this amazing box of novelty fabric scraps.  Wow!!  It's a scrapapalooza!  I can't wait to use these great pieces in scrap quilts for kids who need them.  Thanks, Debby!
Debby and I met years ago, through the Quilters Newsletter magazine.  There used to be a column where you could post a sort of "personals" ad, mainly to find quilt groups or meet other quilters.  (Needless to say, there was no internet then.  Can you even imagine?)  Debby had posted, and I wrote to her when I was moving to her town.  She was so kind and welcoming, and such fun to be with.  I missed her when we moved away. 

I had to snatch up this scrap and sew it right away!  Here's a puzzle for you.  Can you find this scrap in the second scrap pile photo?
This block is part of this little quilt I'm working on this week.  I wanted every block to be a different fabric, and was running short on yellow.
This quilt is for a special baby.  My Little Buddy is getting a baby brother in March!  We are all very excited around here.
Before Little Buddy was born, we had a baby shower.  I used fabric printed with baby themes for the tablecloths, and later used that fabric to make donation quilts.  More than 3 years later, there are still small pieces left.  The fabric I used for the sashing has teddy bears and the words "baby boy" printed on it.  It was one of those tablecloths.  I barely had enough for this quilt.
The green diaper pin fabric was one of those tablecloths too.
The border fabric has all these cute bunnies.  I fussy cut them for the cornerstones.
Of course dinosaurs had to be included!  Little Buddy can show them to his brother.  I'm sure he'll tell the baby all about them.
Now, on to the quilting!

How was your week?  I'm looking forward to reading about everyone's quilting adventures at the linky parties.  You should come, too!

Linking up with:
Alycia at Finished or Not Finished Friday
Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Angela at Soscrappy
Cynthia at Oh Scrap






 




14 comments:

  1. Congrats on your scrap infusion AND the new Little Little Buddy on the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joyful! Should we call him Littlest Buddy? There are adventures ahead for all of us.

      Delete
  2. Those look like some fun fabric packages! I love the 9 patch quilt you stitched up - so perfect for a new baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diann! I went with softer colors this time, although I love the brights like crazy.

      Delete
  3. You hit the jackpot with all those scraps! That’s a great baby quilt, with lots of memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, grammajudyb! I can hardly wait to wrap the baby in it. I will need to finish it first!

      Delete
  4. You really hit the jackpot with fabric arriving by mail! Little Buddy is going to love those tractors. And Littlest Buddy will love his new baby quilt. And most importantly, the two Buddies will love each other and Grandma to the moon and back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Louise, you're making me tear up! I really am the luckiest person in the world.
      BTW, I love your rainbows beyond borders quilts! What a great idea for the blocks!

      Delete
  5. Very special little quilt. Filled with memories and love. Congratulations!

    And thanks for sharing all your new fabric with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute quilt!! and the tractor fabric is perfect!! you will have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alycia! It's always a good time when you've got tractor fabric!

      Delete
  7. I love the idea that you used fabric for the baby shower tablecloths and then used it up for baby quilts. Fabulous! Congratulations on the newest addition coming to your family!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Post a comment--I want to know what you think!