Saturday, October 10, 2020

Patches of Yellow

 Welcome to Treadlestitches!  


It's yellow month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, and there are lovely touches of yellow in nature all around us.  Like this bloom in my husband's wild flower patch.

Just a few cherry tomatoes are left in my little garden.  They are really more orange than yellow.

Of course, the trees are so dramatic.  I've never understood the term "leaf peeping".  I don't peep at the leaves, I positively gawk at them.

These trees are in the park near my house.  That path is calling me.  Later today, my dog and I will take a walk and do some leaf gawking.

Now, what about the yellow inside the house?

The last blocks for the 1930s Double Nine Patch quilt are done!  It's the fabrics in these little blocks that prompted me to save them from a vintage UFO.

This little kitty seems to be waving hello.

The animals in this print are cute.  And a little weird.  Kind of like 1930s era cartoon characters.

This print is almost modern.


And of course a leaf print.  I've got leaves on the brain today.

Now that these blocks are done, I can start setting them together and planning the quilting.

But wait, there's more!


Yellow Text Me A Quilt blocks are done, too.  And once again it's the fabrics that make sewing this so much fun.

Here's my favorite--two tractor prints!  You just can't have too many tractor prints.

The background print here reminds me of the Japanese beetles that are trying to get in the house now that the nights are colder.  Sorry, beetles, bugs are cute on fabric but NOT in real life.


Last week's little quilt is quilted and bound.  It's a variation of Ring Me, from the book No Scrap Left Behind by Amanda Jean Nyberg. 


I chose this hearts and paw prints fabric for the back, to go with the Clifford the Big Red Dog fabric on the border.  The binding is a red print.  The quilt has been washed and is ready to mail out to Jack's Basket.

Here's how I feel about finishing a quilt:


Woo hoo!  Thanks, Little Buddy!

 How are you doing this week?   Everything is so crazy right now, and that's very stressful.  We have to remember to take care of ourselves.   When I need some peace, I shut off the TV, radio, etc., open the window if it's warm enough, and just quietly sew.  Before long, I'm humming away.

I hope you're humming away too, enjoying all the things that matter most.  Have a great week!

Thanks for reading,

Sylvia@Treadlestitches

Know what else is a great stress-reliever?  Linky parties!  Come and see what everybody is making.

Linking up with:

Angela at So Scrappy
Cynthia at Oh Scrap 





 

 

 

14 comments:

  1. I find that I have been not watching the news and am whistling happy songs instead! Love that view of the park trail with the beautiful tree. Lots of pretty yellow fabrics and such a cute quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb A! A song is running through my head now--"I whistle a happy tune.."

      Delete
  2. Sunny YELLOW sprinkled throughout your post, Sylvia. SEW nice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joyful! You are always on track with the color of the month!

      Delete
  3. So many beautiful shades of yellow all around us! I love the 9 patches you're rescuing from the vintage quilt - fun to look up close at those prints. Your Jack's Basket quilt turned out wonderfully! I'm definitely feeling stress from the world lately - so glad I get to disappear into my sewing room everyday for at least a little while and just concentrate on fabric and thread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! We can all use a little stress relief now. Quilting has been a great help for me for sure. And chocolate. Lots of chocolate.

      Delete
  4. LOL, but I am with you on the leaf gawking, there are some gorgeous colors out there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgous antique yellows!!! and too funny - maybe the peeping comes from when you just see a little yellow showing? who knows - your tress are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alycia! And thanks for hosting Finished or Not Finished Friday!

      Delete
  6. Lots of sunny yellows and pretty leaves in your post. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cynthia! I always look forward to your posts, you do so many great things with scraps!

      Delete
  7. Leaf gawking! That made me laugh! Yes, it takes more than a peep to appreciate such splendor. Your Ring Me turned out so cute. Congrats on a fine and fun finish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Louise! We've got to soak up all this color now, and think of it during the winter.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Post a comment--I want to know what you think!