Sunday, May 30, 2021

Hands 2 Help 2021 Finishes

 

It has been so much fun making quilts for Hands 2 Help this year!  The charities are such good causes.

In the back of my mind, as I was making baby quilts, I was thinking of tulips and wanting to make a tulip quilt for Quilty Hugs for Happy Chemo.  I just couldn't decide what pattern to use and (big question) how I was going to quilt it.

Finally (last week!) I decided to use my tried and true Eleanor Burns Tulip Quilt book.  I made a full sized quilt from this book way back in 1992 (!) and have used this pattern off and on since then.  I changed the measurements to fit my scrap savers bins.

Let's tiptoe through the tulips!  Yesterday, I quilted and bound it.  The quilting is a simple 3 in. grid, mostly in the ditch.

I was inspired by this tulip fabric, but I do NOT recommend using a directional fabric for side and corner triangles.  I have lots of very odd shaped scraps and miss-cuts left over.

I had to piece the back, but I think it worked out okay.

The light fabric has multi-colored raindrops.  Just what tulips need!

So that's my quilt for Quilty Hugs.

These are all for Little Lambs, and have been on the blog previously.

Rainbow Bricks:

 

Bright Hopes:


Math Genius:

Pink Trip Around the World:

Field Day (with Clifford):

 
Monsters or Aliens:
 
Joy in the Morning:

Stacks:
And that's it for this year!  Thanks to Sarah for organizing Hands 2 Help every year.  I'll be mailing all these quilts this week.
What am I going to sew now?  Maybe I should check out the dreaded UFO closet.
Congrats to everyone who made quilts.
 

16 comments:

  1. Oh Sylvia I just love your tulip quilt!! They are all wonderful though and will be well received.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicki! I hope all of our donation quilts send a caring message to whoever receives them.

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous selection of donation quilts for those H2H charities, Sylvia!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joyful! I sort of went nuts this year making baby quilts.

      Delete
  3. Your tulip quilt is wonderful! I love all your bright donation quilts, they will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful quilts you made. Love the tulip one! I really would like to make one. TYour Little Lambs Quilts have given me great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nikki! I love seeing what everyone else has been making, there are so many good ideas.

      Delete
  5. Such a beautiful stack of quilts! Thanks for being part of Hands2Help 2021!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU, Sarah, for all your work on this project every year! It is a blessing to all of us, quilters and recipients.

      Delete
  6. Oh, I love the tulips! So bright and lovely. Of course, all your pieces are bright and full of love. Thank you for all your generous donations this year to H2H :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Louise! I have been enjoying your orphan blocks journey. If there's an orphan blocks Olympics, you should get a gold medal!

      Delete
  7. Your quilts are so colorful and appealing. I liked your Joy in the Morning quilt so much, I bought S is for Scraps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, KatieQ! I hope you like the book. There are a couple of other quilts in the book I'd like to make someday, like Sparkling Stars in Taupe (only I wouldn't use taupe) or Confused Nine Patch.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Post a comment--I want to know what you think!