Friday, September 1, 2017

Quilts for Children

I love making quilts, ANY kind of quilts, but my favorites will always be quilts for children.  This is my adorable youngest grandson posing with his new quilt.
I made the top before he was born.  It's bigger than the usual baby quilt, but not as big as a twin.
I just knew he would love cars and trucks and fire engines, and he really does.  I think he's influenced by his daddy and big brother.
I finally made time to quilt it.  The quilting is done very simply, mostly in the ditch.  In the border, I tried to make it look like a road.  The center line has really long stitches.
Here's the back, one of my favorite polka dots.

In other news, sometimes, procrastination pays off.  I had been dragging my feet about sending some baby quilts to Quilts for Kids in Pennsylvania when the hurricane hit Texas last week.
So I boxed up three baby quilts, and sent them to Linus Connection in Austin, Texas, to be distributed to children affected by Hurricane Harvey.
Click HERE to go to their web page for instructions on mailing, etc.  Linus Connection is a 501(c)(3) organization, very similar to what we know here in Wisconsin as Project Linus.
Here's the next one I'm making.  I hope to send a new batch next week.

None of us can do everything, but all of us can do something.

I wish you good weather, warm hugs, and lots of lovely quilts.
Cheers,
Sylvia
Linking up this week with Confessions of a Fabric AddictCrazy Mom Quilts, and Busy Hands Quilts.








4 comments:

  1. Three cheers to you for having kid quilts all ready to send off. I hope to get to that place someday. I certainly have enough kid themed fabric to do it.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miss Pat! It's really hard to resist all the cute kid themed fabric.

      Delete
  2. Cute baby quilt. Thanks for sending the quilts to Texas (I'm a misplaced Texan, living in Il). I do most of my piecing on hand cranks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheryl! I love my hand cranks too. Jones and Willcox & Gibbs are my favorites.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Post a comment--I want to know what you think!