Saturday, November 7, 2020

Walking on Sunshine

 Welcome to Treadlestitches!

It's a beautiful morning here, expected to get up to 73 degrees today.  It's been like this all week!  I  feel so lucky to have this kind of weather in November.  I wish we could store it up for the winter!

These little guys have been keeping me busy, so I haven't got a lot of quilting done this week.  (Don't worry--Baby Buddy has a toy remote, not a real one!)

I finished the flannel tumbler baby quilt, binding it by machine early this morning.

The quilting is VERY simple, just either side of the seams.

Unfortunately, my problems with math continue.  Somehow I had thought this little quilt would finish up at 36 in. square, just right for donation to Jack's Basket.  That's what I get for estimating without doing the calculations.  The width is 37 in., which is not that far off, but the length is 42 in. finished.  So it will have to go somewhere else.  Quilts for Kids does not take flannel quilts, because they do not hold up to the intense washing they get in the hospital.  Project Linus does accept flannel, but our local chapter has closed down, so I may find another nearby chapter and send it there.

Also from last week, I finished this little knitted hat.  After thinking about it, I decided on red ribbing (thanks, Joyful!) and wider stripes.

It looks cuter on Baby Buddy!  Although he doesn't need it yet, while this warm weather holds.

It is great to see how everyone is coming along with their Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilts.  Throughout this weird awful year, making these blocks has been a bright spot.  Now it's time to make mine into tops and get them finished.

I'm laying out the blocks for my Text Me A Quilt like this.  The pattern is from Scrap Basket Beauties, by Kim Brackett.  Ms. Brackett shows us three layouts for each of the quilts in the book, and I find that very helpful.  I think this is the way I'll sew them together.  (Math strikes again, though.  Somehow I made an extra block!)


Little Buddy helped me take down the dead plants and the tomato cages from our little garden yesterday.  I've still got a lot of work to do here, so that's on the list for the weekend.


By the way--last week I mentioned fabric I called "lizard camo".  This is what I was talking about.  From a distance it looks like regular camouphlage, but up close you can see the lizards.  I'm a little creeped out by it, but my grandson thought it was great, so it ended up in his quilt.

I am amazed and so proud that so many millions of people voted in last week's election.  Voting is part of our civic duty, and we lived up to it better this year than in the past.  Whoever you voted for, we are all in this together.

Have a good safe week, everyone!
Thanks for reading,
Sylvia@Treadlestitches 

Linking up with:
Angela at So Scrappy

 

 


 





 

 

 

21 comments:

  1. That flannel Tumbler quilt is SEW sweet, Sylvia!! Baby Buddy's hat turned out just right (with room for some growth. Looking forward to seeing Text Me a Quilt come together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joyful! And thanks for your input last week! I appreciate tips from such an accomplished knitter.

      Delete
  2. It has been a lovely warm week here in Colorado, too - such a treat for November! Your tumbler quilt looks sweet and comforting - someone will love it, Sylvia. The Text Me a Quilt blocks look so fun all together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diann! I'm glad to know this lovely weather is not just here in Wisconsin!

      Delete
  3. Baby Buddy is so cute in his winter hat. The weather is changing here this morning. Cooler and rainy! Guess it’s inevitable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, grammajudyb! I guess all we can do about winter is just get through it. BTW, Baby Buddy does NOT like to wear his hat!

      Delete
  4. That's a great hat! He'll be ready for whatever the weather throws at him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, gayle! He's not a fan of hats, sadly, but it will help keep him warm.

      Delete
  5. Great tumbles quilt - the quilting is just perfect for it! and baby buddy in the hat - precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alycia! And thanks for all you do for veterans!

      Delete
  6. Little Buddy looks adorable in the hat -- such a sweet picture! Text Me quilt turned out beautifully. Add that extra block to the back! My library has that book and I just put it on my list! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susie H! This is my second quilt from that book. It's a good one!

      Delete
  7. So fun to see Text Me getting close to being finished! And the tumbler quilt look so soft and snuggly. I hope you find a place to donate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Louise! I'm sure Project Linus will take it, I've donated flannel quilts to them before.

      Delete
  8. Loving that little tumbler quilt. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cynthia! I always enjoy seeing what you're up to with your scraps.

      Delete
  9. I really like the hat! Of course it helps to have a super cute model too. I'm sure there are lots of places who would like a snuggly flannel quilt. I hear you on the math part. I have to work hard on it to be somewhat accurate. Thank goodness for calculators!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bonnie! I think I'd do better with math if I would slow down and figure everything out before I run to the sewing machine. But where's the fun in that?

      Delete
  10. Great progress on everything you have done! I agree on the math... the worst part of quiltmaking for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. DR EMU WHO HELP PEOPLE IN ANY TYPE OF LOTTERY NUMBERS
    It is a very hard situation when playing the lottery and never won, or keep winning low fund not up to 100 bucks, i have been a victim of such a tough life, the biggest fund i have ever won was 100 bucks, and i have been playing lottery for almost 12 years now, things suddenly change the moment i came across a secret online, a testimony of a spell caster called dr emu, who help people in any type of lottery numbers, i was not easily convinced, but i decided to give try, now i am a proud lottery winner with the help of dr emu, i won $1,000.0000.00 and i am making this known to every one out there who have been trying all day to win the lottery, believe me this is the only way to win the lottery.

    Dr Emu can also help you fix this issues

    (1)Ex back.
    (2)Herbal cure & Spiritual healing.
    (3)You want to be promoted in your office.
    (4)Pregnancy spell.
    (5)Win a court case.

    Contact him on email Emutemple@gmail.com
    What’s app +2347012841542
    Website Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/
    Facebook page Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Post a comment--I want to know what you think!