Sunday, May 7, 2023

Hands 2 Help Check In: Two More and One on the Way

Welcome to Treadlestitches! 

 Two more quilts are ready for donation for the Hands 2 Help annual drive.

Here's an I Spy baby/child quilt made from 5 in. squares.

Novelty prints, plus bananas in the border.
 

Next, Hourglass four patch in bright colors.

Mostly NOT novelty prints, except for these cats in the border.

Those are done, and will be going to Project Linus next week.

Next, this one is the one on the way.  I'm layering it up today, and might even get some of the quilting done.

It's a little farm quilt, with lots of cows and chickens and a few sheep.  Oh, and John Deere tractors.


Right now I've got an old Loretta Lynn song going through my head, called One's On the Way. When looking it up this morning, I learned it was written by Shel Silverstein of Where the Sidewalk Ends fame.  Who knew?

I love seeing what everyone is making to help others.

Happy quilting!

Linking up to Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict




 

6 comments:

  1. Your quilts are so cute and the children that receive them...will love them forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pat! I just hope they love them til they wear them out!

      Delete
  2. What fun quilts! I've decided that if I'm going to donate more than tops I need to start now for next years! But, of course, I'm happy to donate tops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy! There's nothing wrong with donating tops!!!

      Delete
  3. Great work this week! Some child will have a ton of fun checking out all the fun fabrics in the I Spy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicki! I always liked looking at prints in quilts, I hope a child will like it too.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Post a comment--I want to know what you think!