Monday, May 29, 2023

A Baker's Dozen

Welcome to Treadlestitches!  Here's my final update of quilts made for Hands 2 Help 2023.

The number 13 is often seen as Bad Luck.  There are airplanes with no row 13, and hotels and even office buildings that skip from floor 12 to floor 14 just to avoid complaints.  But no one complains about a baker's dozen.  It's basically buy 12-get 1 free for baked goods.  It seems to me an extra muffin or cookie is good luck!

This year, I have made a baker's dozen small quilts for Hands 2 Help 2023.  I had plans to send these to charities on the H2H list, but ended up donating them locally in conjunction with a project of my quilt group. They are going (or have already gone!) to Project Linus locally, to comfort kids in tough situations.  You may have seen most of these before.  They are in chronological order, by when they were finished.

1.  Red Dinosaur 4 Patch, 38 in. x 45 in.

2.  Dinosaurs Around the World, 40.5 in. x 40.5 in.

3.  Gum Wrapper Twist, 44 in. x 44 in.

4.  Pink Stepper, 36 in. x 42 in.

5.  Pink Nine Patch, 36 in. x 42 in.

6.  Little Bricks, 36 in. x 42 in.

7.  Pink Uneven Nine Patch, 40 in. x 48 in.

8.  Kaye Wood style Reversible Quilt, 37 in. x 41 in.

9.  I Spy Charm Squares, 38 in. x 49 in.

10.  Hour Glass 4 Patch, 36 in. x 43.5 in.

11.  My John Deere 4 Patch, 38 in. x 44 in.

 I just finished these last 2 this morning (nothing like the last minute!), so I'm including a couple of photos each.

12.  Tumbler Leftovers, 40 in. x 40 in. 

Here's the back, a fun older print.

And finally,

13.  M & Ms 4 Patch, 38 in. x 43 in.

The back is a white/navy print, and I bound it with a solid red.


So that's it for H2H 2023!  Many thanks to Sarah for running it and encouraging us to share our quilts with others.  I can't wait to see all the wonderful quilts that are being donated.  Wonder how many we made this year?

Back to the Link Up!



 













1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful array! Your baker's dozen is tasty -- and will be of good luck as they bless the recipients.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Post a comment--I want to know what you think!