Wednesday, June 5, 2019

June OMG--Dinosaurs, Of Course


Around here, we love dinosaurs.   (Can you tell?)

My Little Buddy, who comes to me every day for childcare, is an absolute fanatic.  Whatever we are doing seems better to him if dinosaurs are involved.  
This week we played with play dough a lot.  And what did he want to play?  He wanted me to make dinosaurs.  Which is not easy, at least for me.  The misshapen things kept falling over.  And then we got his toy dinos and made footprints in the play dough.  And tail prints.  And then he pretended the dinosaurs got stuck in the clay, and his toy wrecker had to pull them out.
Little Buddy is 3 years old now, and is outgrowing the Pack N Play for taking naps.  Soon he'll move to the twin bed.  Right now I've got some of my 1930s style quilts on that bed, but I don't think that will do for him.  He needs a dinosaur quilt.
 
So here's my one monthly goal for June.  I'm going to make a twin-sized dinosaur quilt for Little Buddy, my youngest grandson.  The quilt will be designed, cut, and pieced before the end of June.

So far, all I've done is choose/buy some fabric.
I'm starting with this panel.  The large center rectangle will be center of the quilt if all goes well.

These side squares will be in the quilt somewhere.  I have to include this one--T. Rex is his favorite.

This is the stack of dino fabric I have to start with.  I also plan to include other colorful fabrics that are not necessarily prehistoric.

I think the process will be fun, if I can make the math turn out right.
Sometimes, I wonder why Little Buddy likes these scary creatures so much.

But really, I'm just glad he's not into Barney.

Good luck this month, everyone!
Cheers,
Sylvia@Treadlestitches

Linking up with Patty at Elm Street Quilts for the June One Monthly Goal







2 comments:

  1. Great idea! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Post a comment--I want to know what you think!