Sunday, June 30, 2019

OMG, I'm coming in under the wire

It's the very last evening of the very last day of June.  It's hard to believe (especially for me!), but I actually DID make my One Monthly Goal for June.

This is the actual goal, and I quote:
So here's my one monthly goal for June.  I'm going to make a twin-sized dinosaur quilt for Little Buddy, my youngest grandson.  The quilt will be designed, cut, and pieced before the end of June.

And here's the quilt!
The colors are a little off here.  I had to take the photos inside because of a thunder storm.  What looks black is actually dark blue, and the colors are bright prints, not pastels.
This is not actually a quilt top, per se.  I quilted the center panel and the first two borders as though it was a baby quilt.  Then I added the borders (for the top) and wide strips for the backing.  Once that was done, I laid the batting strips in and spray basted them.
So it's actually a partially finished quilt.  Only the last 3 rows remain to be quilted.

All four corners have one of these squares from the panel.  This one is Little Buddy's favorite.  It's a very stylized T. Rex.

I've got my work cut out for me this week, to finish the quilting, bind the quilt, and make a label.
But--my OMG for June is complete.
If it wasn't for the last minute, I'd never get anything done.

Cheers for reading, and thanks to Patty for the OMG.
Sylvia@Treadlestitches

Linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal--June Finish Link Up





8 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I understand your procedure, but it sounds like a variation of quilt as you go. Maybe quilt and add and quilt? So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Barbara! You hit the nail on the head. I like "quilt and add and quilt" as a description!

      Delete
  2. What a fun panel to start with! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Buddy is going to have fun dino dreams under this quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Louise! I hope he likes it. He was "helping" me pick squares for the borders.

      Delete
  4. Your Little Foot will love this quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Post a comment--I want to know what you think!