Saturday, February 13, 2021

Hello, Yellow!

 Welcome to Treadlestitches!  What's going on in your world today?

February's color of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge has really been brightening up my sewing room.  I've been sewing mostly in the morning before my baby grandson gets here, and the treadle wheel has been flying.

Every month I'm making 3 hearts from strings and the little scraps we quilters call crumbs.  These are so much fun to make.  These just happen to be timed right for Valentine's Day tomorrow.

Friendship stars are next.  I'm using up all sorts of yellow bits and pieces.

All four little yellow triangles in this block are made from the crumb triangles cut off when making the hearts.  Waste not, want not!

I have to admit, the ice cream cone blocks are my favorite.  I've gone so far as imagining what flavors these would be.  Left to right, cherry/French vanilla, lemon-citrus swirl, banana, and vanilla custard with sprinkles.  Yum!

Last week's Bright Hopes baby quilt is bound and washed, ready to be donated.

I wanted to use a different color on the binding, but I didn't have enough of it.

So I chose this crazy print.  Isn't it a hoot?  I just love these chickens.  The print isn't really visible in the small slice of a binding, but the colors are good.  I like all the little pops of yellow.

Okay, who ordered the snow every weekend?  No wonder I'm surrounding myself with bright fabrics.

And bright faces!  Baby Buddy likes sweet potatoes, can you tell?

We made chocolate cupcakes (with sprinkles!) on Thursday, and Little Buddy got to lick the beaters.

Here he is with a clean face, pretending to be a fierce dinosaur.

My lovely little orchid is blooming again.  It's a sign of hope.  Spring is coming.  Well, eventually.

In the meantime, let's get some sewing done!

Have a great week, and stay safe!

Cheers,

Sylvia@Treadlestitches

Linking up with:

Angela at So Scrappy
Cynthia at Oh Scrap














24 comments:

  1. Hearts, stars, and ice cream... Yummy YELLOW blocks for the RSC, Sylvia!! And one scary dinosaur, too. :o))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Joyful! Gotta love yellow--and dinosaurs of course!

      Delete
  2. What great yellows!! so bright and cheery against the snow... and those babies - oh my!! too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alycia! There are lots of things brightening up my snowy days!

      Delete
  3. Lovely and bright block, I love yellow! Love your ice cream cones too, and your fabrics are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci, Frederique! I'm dragging out every scrap of yellow I can find.

      Delete
  4. Your yellow hearts are so cheerful. You have such a bright and happy collection of prints. They will make great additions to your RSC quilts at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela! I am having even more fun than usual with the RSC this year, all thanks to you!

      Delete
  5. Fun bright colors in your sewing room definitely are the antidote for the cold and gray outside! I love those hearts - such a fun way of making them. Looks like those happy, smiley guys brighten up the day, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diann! All the color inside distracts from the dreary winter outside. The boys are bright sparks every day, even when things aren't always going right!

      Delete
  6. I love your yellow blocks and babies

    ReplyDelete
  7. So bright and pretty yellows. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have so many lovely yellow blocks happening!! Nice works hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful yellow blocks from your bright scraps! And wonderful bright faces from your buddies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy! I am such a lucky grandma, to get to see them so often.

      Delete
  10. We are so lucky to have rainbows in our sewing rooms! I enjoyed those bright yellows! Stay safe and sew on !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute yellow blocks but I agree, the ice cream cones are my favorite and I especially like their flavors. The donation baby quilt is also cute and so are your grandsons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mayleen! Quilts and grandkids--what more could anyone want?

      Delete
  12. The ice cream blocks are adorable. LOVE the bright baby quilt. Your grands are adorable! Roaring back at the fierce dino!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy S.! I'll tell him about the roaring, he'll love it.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Post a comment--I want to know what you think!