Saturday, October 10, 2026

Happy Scrappy Kitties, and New Projects

 Welcome to Treadlestitches!  Thanks for stopping by!


Two finishes in a row, can you believe it?  This one is made from leftover cat blocks from the Rainbow Scrap Challenge in 2024.  I blogged about it a few weeks ago when I finished the top.  (Click HERE).


The quilting is nothing fancy, just a grid based on seams in the patchwork.


Remember this border?  These kitties with their rainbow accessories are so much fun.


I put a solid stripe down the middle of the backing to make it wide enough.


Check out this wild print on the back!  I call it "Kitties Go Shopping Downtown".  These funny cats have bags from "Cats 5th Avenue", "Feline's Basement", "Catnel", etc.  

I'm trying to think of a name for this quilt.  Maybe something like Happy Scrappy Kitties?  I need a name because I'm going to donate it to next month's GSAFE online auction, and they like a name for the description.  I hope someone will want to adopt it.

Now what about those new projects?


I confess, I love starting new projects!  How about you?  I was inspired to start this one by the fabric above, which had belonged to guild member Cheryl, and was given to me after she passed away.


In my box of Some Assembly Required block sets there were 20 nine patch blocks I had sewn as leaders and enders.  I added a few blocks and cut Cheryl's fabric to the same size.  Now I'm piecing the rows together.  This one should be big enough for the guild's project making quilts for Sleep in Heavenly Peace.

But wait, there's more!


I seem to remember some awesome quilt bloggers making these Sweet Treats blocks a couple of years ago.  They were so cute!  Seeing candy in the store with Halloween wrappers made me think of it, and decide to make a Sweet Treats quilt.  The free tutorial is HERE.
Right now I'm using Halloween fabric, but I plan to use other prints too.  It won't be a very big quilt though because I only have a yard of the background fabric.


I got the apples done!  Six quarts of sliced apples and 9 pints of applesauce.  We've also had apple crisp and apple cake this week.


The weather has been lovely.  Buddy had a cross country meet on Wednesday evening, and his team got a first place medal.


Little Guy and I went to the park after school Thursday.  He had fun playing on the exercise equipment.  The tooth fairy has been visiting him a lot lately.  I like his toothless smile, but he will have less trouble eating as his new teeth grow in.


My daughter and her boys helped set up our Halloween decorations the other night.  After supper it was just dark enough to start being spooky.  It was so much more fun than when I just put things in the same place every year.

I hope you're having fun, doing whatever makes you happy.  Like quilting!

Have a lovely week!

Thanks for reading,

Sylvia@Treadlestitches

Linking up with these awesome ladies:


Angela at So Scrappy











1 comment:

  1. Your cat blocks always make such cute quilts! I love that rainbow of color. You'll enjoy all of your apple bounty through the winter, too. And your little guy without his teeth - so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Post a comment--I want to know what you think!