Monday, March 4, 2019

March Forth!


My March OMG (One Monthly Goal) dates back to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge of 2017.  Every month, I made these little houses from all sorts of bright novelty fabrics.
I LOVED doing this!  Just sorting through the scraps was so much fun!  Every house is different.  While I was having all this fun piecing, I barely thought about what I was going to do with the blocks when they were finished.  I didn't even really keep track of how many I had made.
Today, I sorted them by color and laid them out on the floor, and finally counted.  I have 77 blocks!  OMG indeed.
They are only 6 in. finished, but that's still a lot of blocks.
I love them too much to just keep them in a bin.
So, here's my goal.

Before the end of March, I will have a definite plan for ALL of these blocks.  They may make 2 quilts, I don't know.  But they are NOT going back in the bin.
 I may be quilting them by the block instead of as a finished top, and that might not be done by March 31.  But, every single one of these blocks will have an assigned home by the end of March, including a plan for the quilting.
We used to have a sign in the library where I worked, right where the usually procrastinating junior high kids could see it.  It said:
If you are failing to plan, you are planning to fail.

I should put one up for me.  It would say:

Dithering is Hereby Banished!  March Forth and Quilt!

Click on the link below to see what everyone is planning to do this month.

Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal March Link-up.




6 comments:

  1. Your bright little houses are will make a really cute quilt. Have fun as you March Forth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are darling! You are guaranteed to end up with a cute finish or two when you start with such fun blocks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Louise! Doing the math, I think it probably will make two quilts.

      Delete
  3. Cute blocks. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patty! I don't know how we would get anything done without the OMG!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Post a comment--I want to know what you think!