Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Dusty Sisters For Sale List

I am so sorry I didn't get this done yesterday.  I was babysitting my sweet granddaughter part of the day.  The poor little babe was sick, nothing serious, but running a low fever.  We read books (lots of books!) and she fell asleep on my lap.  Later her brother and I played and colored while her mom looked after her.  By the time I got home I was too tired to even look at the machines.  Plus there was dinner to get, dishes to wash, and a grandson to help with homework.  I hope I don't sound like I'm complaining.  I know how lucky I am to be part of my grandchildren's lives.
Anyway, I went through the machines today, and identified which ones I am keeping and which ones are for sale.  I'll do a post on each one separately, with photos, but this is the list. 
All of these machines are original handcranks.  VS stands for vibrating shuttle.  TS stands for transverse shuttle.  I used to sew often with the Kohler and the Gritzer, but haven't for years.

1.  Kohler VS, works, missing a slide plate.  Some rust, cosmetically challenged.  Has a case that says Dinselmann on the side.  See the full post.

2.  Gritzner VS, works, missing a slide plate.  Has a case.  See the full post.

3.  Another Gritzner?  This one has a globe logo.  A VS.  No case, just a base.

4.  Ideal, might be New Home???  Leaf tension.

5.  Bradbury VS, British machine, broken base, some rust.

6.  TS machine, great base, probably German, some rust.

7.  Black painted chain stitch machine, I think some parts are missing, probably won't sew.

All of these machines are priced to sell at $20.00 each, cash and carry.  I also have some parts machines I would gladly give away (mostly Singers) and several sewing machine drawers.  Nice ones for $5.00 each, sadder ones for $2.00.  (The sad ones are from a very weathered White treadle.)
Let me know, either in the comments or through Facebook if you're interested.
Maybe I'll have room for the ones I'm keeping!

1 comment:

  1. I'm interested in your TS machine, or your Kohler, or possibly both! I live in Milwaukee (on the south side) so it's no problem to come pick it up. Could you email me at christinemarycarey at gmail dot com? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Post a comment--I want to know what you think!