Friday, December 23, 2022

Rainbow Quilt Tops and Cookies

Welcome to Treadlestitches!  Guess who's treadling today:

 It's Santa!  From the drawing on the postcard, it looks like he's making teddy bears.  He'd better hurry, it's almost Christmas Eve!

Here's a message I can really get behind:  Life is short.  Buy the fabric!  The pouch is a birthday gift from my youngest daughter.  I posed it on a Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilt top I finished this week.  (Does a top count as a finish?  Probably not.)

It's 10 degrees below zero this morning, so no outside photos today!  The blocks in this quilt are the ones I've been making all year from multi-color fabrics and solids.  I had to make a few extras to bring it up to this size, a small twin/lap.

Snicklefritz is learning to pose, but I have to be fast snapping the picture before he's off and running after toys or even his own tail.

This is my last RSC project for 2022, split nine patch blocks.  After dithering for literally weeks, I finally landed on this layout.  I'm calling it Rainbow Streak of Lightning.  I still need to sew the borders on, so definitely Not Finished.

It was so much fun making these blocks!  Just a little bit of everything.

The end of the year is coming up NEXT WEEKEND!  I'd really like to have these two projects quilted and bound by then.  We'll see how that works out.

In the meantime, we'll be celebrating.  Our cookie baking last Saturday was a big success.

Our Buddy had a great time making Christmas cookies with his cousins, and even eating a few, judging from the crumbs on his shirt.

Mr. H. loved playing with Snicklefritz.  

Little Guy needed some help from his Mama.

Miss E. made sure all the ingredients were tested and delicious.

Snicklefritz has some growing to do to catch up with his ears!  He slept for hours after everybody went home.  (So did I!)

No kids to babysit today, so I'm going to run some errands (it should warm up to -4 pretty soon) and wrap presents.  Tomorrow evening the family will be here, as long as the weather doesn't get any worse.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate.  Stay warm and safe, everyone!

Thanks for reading,

Sylvia@Treadlestitches

Linking up with:

Alycia at Finished or Not Finished Friday

Angela at So Scrappy


 






 







 

10 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas may your treadle keep on treadling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your treadling Santa, and the saying on the zipper pouch, too, Sylvia! Those RSC tops are so happy and colorful. I love the different designs that the split 9 patch can make - I'm putting those on my list for 2023. The cookie baking day looks like it was a great success, too. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did so well with your RSC quilts. I LOVE that Rainbow Streak of Lightning! It's fabulous! Lovely pictures of the family. Enjoy the holidays! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of the quilts are really delightful. The Rainbow Streak of Lightning if a terrific layout for those blocks. Enjoy your family time for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas! Wishing you all the best in 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stay safe and warm! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your RSC projects turned out great. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both quilt look great, I really like the 16 Patch!! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course finishing a top counts as a finish. I say rules are meant to be generously interpreted. I count finishing a block, or cutting out the pieces or designing my next pattern as finishes. Love peeking into the Santa's workshop feel of your home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tops totally count as a finish... you have finished a stage! Those are beautiful quilts!!! Cookie making looks like a fabulous time!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Post a comment--I want to know what you think!