Thursday, February 16, 2023

Valen-tiny

 Welcome to Treadlestitches!  I hope all who celebrate Valentine's Day had a lovely holiday.

This is my Valentine heart, for the Valen-tiny challenge at my quilt guild.  We made small items from scraps of fabric to celebrate Valentine's Day.  My wall hanging is 16 inches square.

At guild meeting last night, we showed our Valentines, and guessed numbers to win a prize.  Believe it or not, I won!

This was the prize, this lovely heart quilt, complete with heart-shaped hanger.

Although my own heart is full of love and happiness, it's a little heavy tonight.  My cousin died suddenly last Saturday, and I'm going out of town to his funeral tomorrow.

So this blog post will be short this week.  Take care, everyone.

Enjoy these linky parties.  I'll be checking them out too when I get back.  [Note:  I am linking to the home pages except for Alycia's blog, since the linky parties will be posted while I'm gone.]

Cheers,

Sylvia@Treadlestitches

Awesome Quilty Linky Parties from Awesome Ladies:

Finished or Not Finished Friday, by Alycia

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop, by Sarah

So Scrappy, by Angela

Oh Scrap, by Cynthia


14 comments:

  1. So sorry about your cousin's death. My own cousins were so important to the time of my childhood, and like our siblings, they form the history of our families. Their loss leaves a hole, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Juliana. This cousin was definitely like a sibling. We gave him a good send off.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin, Sylvia. I'll be thinking of you. Your heart mini quilt is just lovely, and congratulations on the win, too! We can be full of love and sorrow at the same time, can't we? Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diann. I'm concentrating on how lucky I have been to have him in my life. Love and sorrow, you are so right!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful hearts.
    So sorry about the loss of your cousin. I hope you all have happy memories to share, and enjoy being together to celebrate him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alycia! We definitely told a lot of stories this weekend, laughter mixed with tears. I'm sure you know how it is!

      Delete
  4. My sympathies on the death of your cousin. Hope you have happy memories of him that will ease the grief in days to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was very helpful to be with family and share stories. I heard some new ones too!

      Delete
  5. Sylvia, I hope the love of family and friends will get you through this tough time! Your Valentine- tiny is so cute! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, grammajudyb! I am so grateful for my family and friends.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on your Valen-tiny win, Sylvia and my condolences on the loss of your cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry for your loss, hugs to you! Don't you just love your little wooden quilt hanger. I have two different ones and use them for my seasonal displays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicki! Those hangers are so nice, easy to use and no sleeves or damage to the quilt.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Post a comment--I want to know what you think!