Saturday, May 4, 2019

New Month, New Color, New Goal


Have you heard?  May is orange month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  My trusty Singer treadle and I are happily piecing stacks of orange triangles.
My orange scraps are pairing up with light scraps to make squares...
to eventually become two more zigzag rows.  There is some really fun stuff here!  I love novelty prints (can you tell?).

That's a start for this year's orange Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks.

What about last year?

I'm reorganizing my sewing room, little by little, and as I do I'm sorting projects.  Elm Street Quilts OMG (One Monthly Goal) is really a great motivator for getting UFOs out of the bins and on toward the finish line.
One of my bins contains my remaining RSC blocks from last year, specifically these:
The pattern for these blocks is Fly Away Home, by Kate Henderson, from her book Strip Savvy.
(Great book, BTW.)
It's a two-block quilt, as you can see.  I've laid out the orange square blocks from last year, with some of the flying geese blocks, just to see what it will look like.  When I do this for real, I will mix up the colors.

OMG:  One Monthly Goal for May 2019
My goal this month is to turn these blocks into a top.
Simple, right?  I just have to decide on a layout, keep the cat off the blocks while I think about it, and then sew them up.  Oh, and add border(s), as needed.
This should keep me out of trouble this month.
Lastly, here's a little orange from last year's garden.  No flowers yet this year, but the raspberry vines are looking healthy as they leaf out.  Little Buddy has been helping Grandpa put out grass seed.

Have a lovely week, everybody.
Cheers for reading this,
Sylvia@Treadlestitches

Linking up with:
Angela at Soscrappy
Myra at Busy Hands Quilts
Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Patty at Elm Street Quilts (May OMG)
Cynthia at Oh Scrap 











10 comments:

  1. I love the combination of the squares and flying geese in your Fly Away Home project! That' going to be a fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diann! Right now I'm having trouble deciding which way the "arrows" should point!

      Delete
  2. (Cue, sharp intake of breath) Sylvia, that quilt layout is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have the brightest, happiest scraps! This is going to be such a fun quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Louise! I have really enjoyed making the blocks.

      Delete
  4. Great start to the Month. Keep sewing!

    Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cynthia! I think as long as I have scraps, I'll have to keep quilting.

      Delete
  5. Love the blocks. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Post a comment--I want to know what you think!