Saturday, March 13, 2021

Wild and Crazy

 Welcome to Treadlestitches!  It's wild around here this week.

For the last month or so, I have been working on a new naptime quilt for my four year old grandson, my Little Buddy.  I made the mistake (?) of letting him pick out the fabrics.  He picked EVERYTHING.

Lots of my fabrics are novelty prints, as you can see.  In this picture alone there are so many animals (cats, dogs, birds, cows, a monkey, sharks, turtles, bugs, and lots of dinosaurs).  There are book characters like Clifford and cartoons like Minions and an M&M.  There are also party hats, fire fighter hats, jelly beans, anchors, bandaids, and cupcakes.  To keep from having too many squares of any one print, I only used two of each fabric.  There are nearly 100 different fabrics in this twin sized top.  It's definitely wild.

Now for the crazy part.  I'm following a pattern called Chock Full O' Charms.  (Click HERE for my recent post with information on the pattern.)  First, you do the easy part--sew all the squares together.  Next, you cut the top into 3 pieces.  Yes, really.  Cue the music from the Psycho shower scene.  

Hey, look!  I followed the directions, and it came out okay!  I cut the quilt, and sewed it back together, and now the squares are magically on point.

I could never have done this right without the directions, even though I made a baby quilt from this pattern a couple of years ago.

Here's what the edge looks like.  Because the squares are cut in half, all the edges are bias, so I'm handling the top gently until I can get borders on it.  

For borders, I'm thinking a simple print to try to calm everything down.  And I'm NOT going to ask Little Buddy to pick a fabric.

In between sewing the nap quilt,  some green blocks got done for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

I hope you are having as much fun as I am playing with green scraps.

Of course there had to be Green Bay Packer fabric somewhere!

The log cabins are fun to piece, as always.

I admit to doing a little fussy cutting.  Isn't this little girl cute in her bug costume?  She reminds me of my adorable granddaughter.

I don't have enough green scraps for two months, so I'm using whatever I have this month, and when light green is called I'll do something else.  That's what I like about the RSC--fun and flexible.

Wednesday is St. Patrick's Day, so I had to include the very last two squares of this Irish bird fabric.  I'm looking forward to homemade Irish stew and soda bread.  No green beer for me, thanks.

I'm wishing you a Happy St. Patrick's Day a little early, and a safe week ahead doing the things you love to do.  Sláinte mhaith!

Cheers,
Sylvia@Treadlestitches

Linking up with:
Angela at So Scrappy
Cynthia at Oh Scrap

P.S.  I almost forgot the Buddy pictures!

Little Buddy is learning about the solar system in preschool.  He and Grandpa set up a series of sports balls plus a globe as an illustration.  He's balancing on the "sun" here.  Little Buddy is still sad that Pluto isn't a planet anymore.

And here are two more of my favorite guys.  Grandpa is wearing overalls to match Baby Buddy.

Have a great week!











20 comments:

  1. such a pleasure to visit your blog - I am really interested in the odd pattern

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Buddy's quilt is wonderful, Sylvia! We scrappy quilters say anything goes. But then what you did next is really neat! I'll have to check out that link. Lots of pretty greens at your house! Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the I Spy quilt. (but i'm pretty sure no napping will happen under it- there's too much to look at!) off to see about this intriguing pattern you speak of....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt, Sylvia. Love all the green blocks specially the stars. Happy St.Patricks day for you and your family.
    PS Beautiful picture of Grandpa with little baby buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Little Buddy and I are on the same wavelength! I think using ALL the fabrics is the best idea, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like it was a fun week at your house, Sylvia!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so nice that your little gs helped with the fabric selection. Scary stuff to gave to cut your quilt top in pieces, pleased it all worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are all about fun and flexible at Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I calm border will take care of all those bias edges AND calm down all those fun patterns. Your greens are so bright and cheery! I love how all your blocks turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see you also love scraps, the quilt to your granchidlren will be very nice and your green projekts are fine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in my 50's and I still want ALL the fabric in my quilts :) Your green blocks are all very lovely. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love everything about this quilt - all the colors and all the prints in all their wacky and wild ways. More the merrier. Your green blocks are bright and lively - just like the promise of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like little buddy - lets just have it all haha! Your greens looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My first symptoms of ALS occurred in 2011, but was diagnosed in 2013. I had severe symptoms ranging from shortness of breath, balance problems, couldn't walk without a walker or a power chair, i had difficulty swallowing and fatigue. I was given medications which helped but only for a short burst of time, then i decided to try alternative measures and began on ALS Formula treatment from Dr Oso herbal center t, It has made a tremendous difference for me via email: drosohaberhome@gmail.com  . I had improved walking balance, increased appetite, muscle strength, improved eyesight and others. DR oso treatment is the best treatment ever,  please try and contact him for any kind of virus or disease .  

    Email} drosohaberhome@gmail.com

    WhatsApp /call +2348162084839

    https://sites.google.com/view/drosohaberhome/

    His blog pagehttps://drosohaberhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Herbal medicine is the best Greetings I am here to testify how great man called Dr OMO helped me out with herbs and roots which he prepared for me in use of curing my fibroids and Getting pregnant after 8 years of trying to conceive with fibroids I takes his product (cure for my fibroid made with herbal medicine Root) for (14) days before I am to known I was totally pregnant after 2months of  using dr omo herbs he also  have Herbal medical for all types of diseases, and i promised him that i will tell the world about his Great job he ask me to drink from the herbal medicine before meeting my husband I did and after 2months I was pregnant thank you for your great job he can also help you  if you have a low sperm count  you want to  convince a baby fast  PCOS ,infections, Hepatitis B, ALS, UTI,enlargement of buttock and hips, stomach ucler , Endometriosis, breast cancer,HIV?AID, Cancer, yeast infection, Gonorrhea, Chronic Sinus, HPV , Genital Warts low testosterone, Herpes1&2, blocked fallopian tubes Liver parasites ovarian Arthritis, Cysts, pile, ORAL HERPES ,PARKINSON'S, Crowns and all other type of  diseases, COPD , breast cancer, Get lost period back, stop period pain, Email : dromo596@gmail.com WhatsApp him on +2349033505260 thank you for all your work..

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I GOT CURED OF HERPES WITH THE HELP OF DR OGU I Am from North Carolina, United State. I caught genital herpes from my ex boyfriend who never had any symptoms of herpes . I had it for 4 years ,and it has literally affected my life before I got cured. People think herpes is really a minor skin irritation, herpes has long term effects on health. The stigma attached to this virus by ignorant people is ridiculous. Most people have herpes in one form or another but they might not be aware of it. I would like to advise people on how I got rid of my herpes by using Dr OGU herbal medicine. I saw a comment posted by a woman from Germany on the internet that she got rid of her herpes with the help of doctor OGU. I was so happy when I saw that post. i quickly collected the doctor OGU contact email and I emailed him. Within 1 hr he responded to my email. i explained things to him and he told me not to worry that he will help me. i ordered for his medicine product which was sent to me via DHL. that was how i got the herbal medicine and i used it as i was told for the period of 6 days which is twice a day ( morning and at night before going to bed) .after 8 days, i found out that the herpes was no more and this was also confirmed by my doctor. if you have herpes or other similar disease and you want it cure, kindly contact doctor OGU Patrick via this email ; drogugusolutionhome@gmail.com or text him via: +1 719 629 0982 .

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, is a true life experience is not designed to convince you its a personal health experience, sometimes medical doctors take a different approach about herpes treatment. i has been stocked in bondage with herpes for two years and four months i has tried different means to eliminate this sickness because it surely has distract me even with the world, and i was told there is no cure, but only medicine for treatment all the possible ways i has tried was treatment, two months back i did some herpes research and i found amazing testimonies concerning natural herbal cure, and i go for it through the email address from the post just to give a try of herbal treatment, and i found it grate without delay i got cured with natural treatment from doc Twaha herbal cure his cure are powerful and shows out excellent result. and i think everyone suffering with herpes and others symptoms should also know about this cure from, drlregbeyen10000@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +2349038518881 thank you

    ReplyDelete
  19. how i got cure from a bad disease called herpes by Dr solutions i have spent so much money to cure this disease but all was in vain when i was browsing online one day i saw a lady testifying how this Dr solutions save her home from separation and she also added that this Dr cure disease too that was when i decided to give a try by contacting the Dr for help behold after receiving the remedy from Dr solutions which i drank for 4 days all the pain began to reduce and the herpes symptoms disappear this is why i decided to come out here with boldness to testy the good things Dr solutions did for me...you can also give him a try i believe he can also heal you from every pain you are facing in life, you can reach him VIA
    ( landofsolutions@outlook.com )
    website https://spelltobringbacklovepartnerback.webs.com
    High blood pressure
    love spell,
    ex back,
    Herpes,
    Alzheimer's disease,
    carcinoma.
    Asthma,
    Allergic diseases.
    Parkinson's ,
    Epilepsy,
    Cancer,
    Fibromyalgia,
    HIV,
    Hepatitis,
    diabetes,
    Coeliac disease,
    Infertility.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Am here to appreciate Dr Agbonhale for using his herbal medicine to cure my Herpes virus. since 3 years now I have been living with this virus and it has been giving me challenges, I was so perplexed cause i have been taking several drugs to be cured but all of my effort was in vain,one morning i was browsing through the internet then i saw several testimonies about Dr.Agbonhale curing people from Herpes virus and immediately i contacted Dr.Agbonhale on his email:dragbonhaleherbalhome@gmail.com , i told him about my troubles and he told me that i must be cured, gave me some instructions and which i rightly followed. so he prepared a herbal medicine for me and sent it to me which i used for 2 weeks and everything was like a dream to me and my Herpes virus was totally gone, why don't you contact him today and be free from your diseases because he is very good and honest Doctor. contact him via email; dragbonhaleherbalhome@gmail.com or whatsApp him on +2349073130326.    

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Post a comment--I want to know what you think!