Saturday, July 17, 2021

Tangled Up in Blue

 Welcome to Treadlestitches!

Lots of blue scraps were under my needle this week.  Dark blue is the color of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, and I'm throwing in medium blues too.

Novelty prints can look kind of weird when cut in small pieces, can't they.  Poor headless dinosaurs and kitties.

You can almost tell there was a giraffe and a zebra on this print.  Sadly cut up, but the colors are good.

I'm running low on light fabrics again.  This always seems to happen, even though I buy them all the time.  My favorites here are the flip flops and the hedgehogs.  Not much contrast with the rest of the star, but fun to look at.

In other news, my Mom was here!  One sunny morning, we took Baby Buddy and the dog for a walk in the park, and our little guy had so much fun going down the slide.  He was actually giggling!

On another day, we took a picnic to a lake and met my oldest daughter and her kids.  It was cool and rainy, but we went anyway.  The kids all had a good time in spite of the weather, and we had a nice visit.

We had a whole family get together, and took the obligatory family photo.  I feel so happy and lucky to have all my kids and grand kids living nearby.  I am also very grateful that my mom braved the airline mix-ups and hassles to come here, and that most of us have been vaccinated so we can be together.

So, what's on the agenda for my sewing today?  These blue blocks, all cut and ready to piece.  But they're not for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

These are my last blocks for the Positivity Quilt Along, which just happen to be blue.  (Click HERE for more information.) The tops are due to be finished by TOMORROW.  With only 8 blocks to go, I will get it done today.  The real question is how to set the blocks, but that part will be fun.

I hope you are having a lovely day, doing something you enjoy.

Cheers for reading,

Sylvia@Treadlestitches

Linking up with:
Angela at So Scrappy
Cynthia at Oh Scrap 











18 comments:

  1. So glad you got some time with the whole family this week, Sylvia! I enjoyed seeing all your blue stitching, too! You have the cutest novelty scraps, headless dinosaurs and all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diann! It has been a lovely whirlwind here. One of the best parts of making the RSC blocks every month is rediscovering all the fun novelty prints squirreled away in the scrap system.

      Delete
  2. You are very fortunate to have so much family nearby! The “obligatory family photo” is something you’ll all thank yourselves for later. We all need to do more of that! Your scrappy blocks are fun and the animal parts could actually make a fun little game. You had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathy! All our kids complain about posing for the family photos, but they will be glad we took them someday. We did have a terrific week here!

      Delete
  3. We all seem to run out of lights, love all the funky and bright light fabrics, they are happy and full of fun. Glad you get to see loved ones. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maggie! I wonder if there are fewer lights made than darks??? No problem, though, I'll just keep collecting them!

      Delete
  4. Love your novelty fabrics, they look great in both your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! A good novelty fabric gets me every time. Maybe this is my second childhood?

      Delete
  5. Your dark blues look quite cheerful! It's great to be back with family again, isn't it? Can't wait to see your positivity quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mari! Family is truly one of the greatest joys of life.

      Delete
  6. Those 4-Patch Stars are the best! Love the flip flops fabric. Lovely family pictures. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what fun to have the whole family around!!
    Your blues are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spending time with the family. . .well life doesn't get better than that! How fortunate you are so close to family. I too have had some challenges with using novelty print scraps. I like what you did with yours! Well done to have so many positively blocks completed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you had some big fun in Dark BLUE, Sylvia!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in love with the fabrics you have chosen for the backgrounds. You have such an eye for what works with the focus fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made some beautiful blue stars this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Post a comment--I want to know what you think!