Friday, August 20, 2021

Ice Cream in August

 Welcome to Treadlestitches!

August is an ice cream kind of month.  Even here in Wisconsin, it's usually hot and muggy, which makes the cool sweet taste of ice cream that much better.  

These ice cream quilt blocks won't cool you off, but they won't drip on you, either.  They're part of my blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, in the color of the month--aqua.  I had a hard time finding flavors for aqua, got any ideas?

When it comes to flavors, make mine chocolate frozen custard!  I indulged in this on our way home from our vacation.

My little buddies just happened to wear a little aqua today.  Here's Little Buddy with a tiny chocolate cone, and Baby Buddy just finishing his tiny vanilla one.  Fun, easy for even babies to eat, and not too messy.  I got a package of the little cones at the grocery store, and put about two tablespoons of ice cream in each cone.  Little Buddy may have had more than one.

 By the way, these are the cones I'm talking about.  Aren't they cute?


I've been treadling madly since I got home, making aqua blocks.  These are my 20 half square triangles for the month.

I also finished my Positivity Quilt, which I will post more about on Sunday.  It will be going to Mercy Hospital in Sacramento, CA as soon as I can get it in the mail.

 

 More aqua--this classic Chevy at the Henry Ford Museum.

I'm a Ford girl all the way, but this beauty is something special.

Little Buddy starts kindergarten next week, and the following week all the rest of the grandkids are back to school.  Baby Buddy will be our only playmate during the day.  It will be very different around here without Little Buddy, (much quieter for one thing!) but we'll still see him after school and on days off.

For now, we'll enjoy the rest of these summer days together.

Have a lovely week!
 
Cheers for reading,
Sylvia@Treadlestitches

Check out these fabulous linky parties!  I'm linking up with:

Angela at So Scrappy  
Cynthia at Oh Scrap











24 comments:

  1. That middle cone looks like bubble gum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ove, love, LOVE that The Buddies got the color memo, Sylvia!!! :o))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just one of the weird little things that happen when the universe aligns, I guess!

      Delete
  3. Those little cones look perfect for little hands! Your aqua cones make me think of that bubblegum flavor ice cream that Baskin- Robbins sells. I would choose chocolate, though, too! Time for Little Buddy to go to kindergarten - I bet you'll miss him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Diann! Bubblegum ice cream is new to me, but it sounds like a blast. You're right, I'm definitely going to miss Little Buddy. It will be weird not having him here.

      Delete
  4. how about blue moon ice cream - great work this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, maggie! I really like blue moon ice cream, should have thought of it.

      Delete
  5. This summer is definitely an ice cream one. So many heatwave here in Ontario. Aqua we found was not a colour we have lots of? My first car was a Ford, drove it for a long time, sold it for more than we paid for it, it was an amazing car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Maggie! I have loved all my Fords, but my favorite was my red mustang. I didn't want to give it up, but I needed a grandma car with 4 doors so I could put two car seats in it. Oh, well, my son has the mustang now, and it's still running great.

      Delete
  6. The closest to aqua colored foods I can think of are Blue Moon ice cream and blue Peeps marshmallow chicks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Shepherdess55! Aqua just isn't a usual color for food, is it? I do like Blue Moon ice cream, though.

      Delete
  7. I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream...any color and any flavor...it all looks yummy to me even in fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cotton candy comes in aqua. The other could be seafoam?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your ice cream cone blocks. I thought of bubble gum and cotton candy. Neither are flavors I would choose. I am a chocolate chip mint girl!

    Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm, chocolate chip mint! Delicious!
      And thanks for Oh Scrap every week, it's such a nice friendly party.

      Delete
  10. Your positivity is beautiful!! and those ice cream blocks... make me want chocolate! Heck ya -August should be ice cream month!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alycia! Maybe every month should be ice cream month?

      Delete
  11. I remember an aqua icecream: Cloudy with a chance of cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, what a great name for an ice cream! That sounds delicious!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Post a comment--I want to know what you think!