Saturday, February 10, 2024

With A Little Help From My Friends

 Welcome to Treadlestitches!

More bricks today!  The Rainbow Scrap Challenge just keeps giving.  I finally have all the Bricks blocks from last year sewn into tops.  Just one more top to quilt (next week?  Maybe!).  

This one is made from just pink and purple bricks.

As you can see, we got some blue skies and sunshine this week, which I am so grateful for.  There is still a lot of winter left, of course, but the sunshine makes everything better.

The Bricks blocks are a great place for fun novelty fabrics.  I think the Valentine dogs print came from a batch of scraps my friend Debby O. sent a while back.

Check out these exotic-looking tigers!  They came from the stash of the amazing Preeti Harris at Sew Preeti Quilts (Click HERE) as a prize for making a Positivity Quilt.

This llama fabric is my favorite!  I was grumbling a little about not having many pink scraps, and my friend Joey sent me a whole bag of them!

Here's the back, with lots of sweet bunnies!  This big piece was in an overflowing basket of mostly novelty print scraps given to me by the lovely ladies in our quilt guild.

Red is our color of the month for the RSC, and there are so many great fabrics!  Have you ever seen anything cuter than these little ninjas?  This fabric came from my friend Debbie C. in Madison.
 

Here it is with the rest of the red Stretched Stars blocks.

A few red rail fence blocks happened this week too.

I have met so many wonderful, fun, kind, sharing people through quilting!  I'll bet you have, too.  Their friendship is like sunshine in winter.

Here's more sunshine!  My youngest grandson Little Guy is playing with trains in the children's section of the library.  We had a great morning, and brought home almost more books than I could carry.  Our cozy reading time after lunch is a highlight of the day for both of us.

Happy Valentine's Day this coming Wednesday to all who celebrate.  And Happy Gal-entines Day, too!  Love and friendship is worth celebrating.

Thanks for reading,

Sylvia@Treadlestitches

Linking up with:

Sarah at Can I Get A Whoop Whoop

Alycia at Finished or Not Finished Friday

Angela at So Scrappy




 








16 comments:

  1. Another cute bricks top, and I love those Ninjas, too, Sylvia! The stretched star blocks make such a neat design. Are you starting with 5 inch squares for those? Happy Valentine's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diann! Yes, the big squares for the stretched stars are 5 in. squares, and the white corners are 2.5 in. squares done flippy corners style. Easy peasy!

      Delete
  2. I love pink and purple together! I never thought to use stretched stars with novelty fabric...you have got me thinking I need to dig into my novelties again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always a good reason to dig into the novelties lol!

      Delete
  3. Some little girl will adore the pink and purple quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun going to the library and carrying books home to read. The sunshine is a great treat and this past week we became magnets for every ray we could find after all the grey skies and winter weather we have had for months now. Beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maggie! Our cat and dog follow the sunbeams around the house and flop down in them. I would if I could!

      Delete
  5. Ohhh LOVE that bricks one - what a fun quilt. It will take forever to find all the hidden goodies in it!!!! Your reds are Looking great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alycia! Red is one of my favorite colors. Oh wait, they all are!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on your latest RSC quilt finish and some RED scrap sewing, too, Sylvia!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joyful! I love scrap sewing, even though it's messy.

      Delete
  7. The Brick quilt looks so pretty with just the pinks and purples. Very girly, and some little girl will adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pink and purple are the perfect duo! Your fabrics are so fun! I like your red blocks too. You have the most interest scraps! ---TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terry! I keep collecting cute fabrics from everywhere. I think I need to start sewing faster to use them up!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Post a comment--I want to know what you think!