Sunday, April 16, 2023

Hands 2 Help Check In #1

Welcome to Treadlestitches!

It's Hands 2 Help check in day!  I look forward to H2H every year.  Almost all the quilts I make are for donation, and Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict always has a good list of places and projects that need quilts.  Baby-sized quilts are my favorite, but I plan to send a few tops for adults as well.

Here's the run down so far.

Reversible quilt made with Kaye Wood's 6 hour quilt pattern.  (Click HERE for video.)

Little Bricks quilt made with my (free) pattern.  (Click HERE.)

Pink Uneven Nine Patch made with charm squares.  (Click HERE for directions.) 

Pink Nine Patch.

Pink Stepper, from a free pattern by Alycia at alyciaquilts.  (Click HERE for tutorial.)


(Can you believe I made 3 pink quilts?  I can't either!!! Pink is just not my color.) 

I call this one Gum Wrapper Twist.  The pattern comes from the Positivity 2022 block by Sew Preeti.  (Click HERE for the tutorial.)

Dinosaur Trip Around the World, made with charm squares (mostly home cut).

Last for today is this 4 patch, with red dinosaur print.  Pattern is free from Quilts For Kids, click HERE.

Some of these will be donated to Little Lambs, but I'm looking into donating locally as well.  After all, caring for others begins at home, right?

Thanks so much to Sarah for all her hard work planning, organizing, and hosting Hands 2 Help.

Linking up to the Hands 2 Help Check In.




 



6 comments:

  1. Lots of great quilty hugs here. Great finishes. I also donate the majority of my quilts. I also think about the next quilt while I'm working on a current one. It's a circle of life thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kat! And the scraps of one quilt are the start of another. The circle of life!

      Delete
  2. Fabulous work Sylvia, they are all very snuggly looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, charity (the love of Christ, not what we think of as charity!) begins at home, and it looks like you have plenty to donate to more than one place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many good places that need quilts especially for children. Plus I have so many scraps to use up!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Post a comment--I want to know what you think!