Sunday, May 29, 2022

Wrapping Up the Quilts for Hands 2 Help 2022

 Welcome to Treadlestitches!

After months of happily sewing, Hands 2 Help for this year is coming to an end.  I have been amazed and delighted to see the quilts on Mari's blog, and look forward to seeing more today.  It's like an online quilt show!

This year I made 8 baby quilts for Little Lambs.  The one above is the last one, and it finally got quilted this week.  I really like to have a deadline.  It gives me that push to get it done.

I was inspired by Mari's hollow nine patch.  It's a great way to use colorful squares.  That's the backing with those white circles on dark pink, folded over the front.

To make the back wide enough, I added a row of charm squares in fun colors and prints.

All the rest of these little quilts have been posted on the blog as I made them, but here they are again.  You can click on the quilt's name to go to the post about it, for more photos, etc.

  Two Step Baby Quilt, designed by Amanda Jean Nyberg, from the book Scrap School.

Yellow and Blue Four Patch, With Cats

 Little Bricks

Pink and Blue Four Patch with Zoo Animals

Little Bricks and Ladders

I Spy Pink

 

Sparkling Gemstones, from the book Jelly Roll Quilts, by Pam and Nicki Lintott.

And that's it for this year.  It's been a lot of fun, sewing these little scraps into quilts for children.  

Thanks so much to Mari, for having taken this on, and to Sarah for all her efforts in other years.  It is wonderful what can be done when we work together.

Linking up with Mari at The Academic Quilter for the final linky party.



20 comments:

  1. Beautiful bunch of baby quilts that will be loved and treasured. They are all so bright and cheerful! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, quiltingbydawn! I think it's the fun fabric that keeps me sewing them. Plus they get done quickly!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful assortment of quilts! Well done. (Quiltdivajulie)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Quiltdivajulie! I have so much fun making them.

      Delete
  3. so bright and cheerful! It reminds me I need to make some more I Spy quilts as I have a lot of that type scraps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I Spy quilts are as much fun for grownups as they are for kids!

      Delete
  4. You make the most wonderful, happy quilts, Sylvia! Lots of "little lambs" are going to be comforted by them. I sent one to Little Lambs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your quilts. What a fresh and happy looking bundle of joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kat! It's so nice to see what everybody has done this year.

      Delete
  6. Charming scrappy donation quilts for Little Lambs, Sylvia!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific selection of quilts! Happy and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful, wonderful!!! Love the quilt stack photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful pile of quilty goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your antique red & green quilts! Your kiddie quilts are so bright & happy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Post a comment--I want to know what you think!